Wrapping up 2023
December 16, 2023
As we wrap up the year, we're looking back on some of our favorite things from 2023. For us, we've most appreciated being on the ranch full-time and spending more time with family. Some of our other highlights include:
- Partnering with our customers to donate more than 85 pounds of beef to the Tenino Food Bank. We also want to share a special thanks to the Olympia Food Co-op for their donation of stew meat this week!
- Contributing to the recovery of the golden paintbrush, and cheering its removal from the federal list of endangered and threatened plants.
- Starting two new restoration and pasture-enhancement projects through partnerships with NRCS, US Fish & Wildlife, and EcoStudies Institute to further our work in conservation grazing.
- Becoming the first ranch in Washington to be awarded the Slow Food Snail of Approval.
- Selling our first batch of Wagyu x Angus beef (we have a limited selection left in stock, so order now if you want a chance to try our grass-finished Wagyu crossbred beef).
- Celebrating our community's history and bringing our prairie schooner to Tenino's 150 Jubilee Celebration and the Oregon Trail Days Parade.
- Launching our new line of Colvin Ranch honey, made from bees who spend their spring and summer at the ranch.
- Marking one year with Meigan Kunz, our Ranch Manager, who keeps making things better around here.
Our hearts are full with appreciation for you, our customers. It wouldn't be possible for us to donate so much meat to the food bank or take on another habitat restoration project without the support of our customers who purchase beef from us. Your purchase makes it possible for us to continue our work as stewards of the land, so thank you for caring about the work that we do.
From our family to yours - we wish you a warm, wonderful, and wildly delicious holiday!